Monday, February 28, 2011

What do I want to say about the babies today?

Amy and Daniel are both doing great. They are growing and are starting to show a little of what their personalities may eventually be like. Daniel is playful and patient and loves to laugh when we sing "happy and you know it". Amy is a bit more serious and thoughtful and not patient at all!
Progress is still being made toward us eventually becoming a permanent family, but we still have awhile to wait. We met with our case worker last Friday to get the process started. We have bunch of paperwork to fill out, forms to get in order, questionairres to answer...if only everyone had to do this before they could even have children. It would definitely weed out the people who are serious about parenthood and those who just don't deserve the blessing at all.
That being said, we're looking at approximately 4-6 months before all of our paperwork and homestudies will be done, and hopefully at that point custody can be moved from Stephen and Regina to us and the proceed forward from there.
It is so weird finding yourself in a position you've always dreamed of, but where you never thought you'd be. Dan asked me today if I like being a mommy and all I can say is that I've never felt more fulfilled ever in my life. I cannot believe how much I love those babies. I cannot believe the contentment I feel when Dan is home and we're both just sitting on the couch feeding the kids. How perfect and complete our marriage feels. Which brings me to another thing Dan asked recently. It was later in the evening and we were giving them their last bottles for the night. He looked at me and I at him and he asked "So is this how you always pictured it?" I started giggling and said "This is nothing like I pictured it." Even though I never imagined it this way, I cannot see any picture but us and these beautiful kids.
Dan is great with them...he's a big ol' softy. It takes nothing for them to make him tear up. It's very sweet and heart warming and I am just praying that our new vision for our family comes to complete fruition.
Ok, there ya go...that's what I want to say about the babies today. Thank you Dianna for prompting me to do so. :)

originally posted 10/27/08

No comments:

Post a Comment