My favorite part of the night was really around 6:30 this morning though. Amy woke up and I carried her to the kitchen to make her bottle. Dan was asleep on the couch with Daniel resting on his chest and they were both so quiet and peaceful. I finished making her bottle and went back to the bedroom where there was just a light glow coming from the walk-in closet into the bedroom and fed her. I turned to where she would be able to see my face and talked to her while she took her bottle. She just stared at me with her big round eyes.
I tell her all the time that she's my "bootiful" girl, so I was whispering it to her and when I pulled her bottle out to burp her she smiled so big...that big, open mouth, toothless smile with her lips all covered with formula...it was beautiful...and suddenly the fact that she woke me up crying didn't matter and I was thankful for the quiet, the low light glow and this precious little girl that I was getting to hold and feed in the wee, small hours of the morning...when the whole world was fast asleep...
originally posted on 8/25/08
No comments:
Post a Comment