Monday, February 28, 2011

Another day with babies

Today has been a good day with the twins. They pretty well timed out their naps and feeding times, making it very easy for me to take care of them by myself.
Daniel, overall, is a sweet and patient baby boy...always allowing his sister, who we have deemed "the princess", to be taken care of first. Amy is very high maintenance! It's not burdensome (usually...) , but it does seem she's always wanting or needing something and is not very content being awake and not being held.
For the most part, they were sweet and considerate, giving me some time to get the kitchen cleaned, 2 loads of laundry done, dinner prepared and the trash taken out. Aren't they sweet?
I'm thankful that Amy has not had any projectile episodes today. Yesterday, she did not hold down anything I fed her. By 8:00pm she had hardly held anything down and had hardly slept since 3:00am. I felt so bad for the princess. Today, she's slept well and has eaten like a champ.
Right now, it's about 5:30 and both are fed, changed and napping again. Dan just told me that he won't be home for dinner, so I'm wondering what to do with all that marinated chicken in the fridge :) ! I will be taking the twins back "home" in about 30minutes or so. Then I'll have a quiet evening until Dan's home from his ministry thing at church.
I'm not sure why I am writing all of this down...this sort of just became pretty much like a diary. I don't know if I was going to get insightful, or just put my day in writing...
My favorite "baby moment" of the day was when I checked in on them and Amy was snoozing, but Daniel was awake. He was just laying there staring at the ceiling, not fussing or anything, as I stepped up beside him, his eyes shifted over to me and he just smiled that big 'ol jack-o-lantern smile of his. It made me laugh and I just had to pick him up and kiss his chubby cheeks and hug him. Makes you feel good when someone is that happy to see you right after they wake up.

originally posted 9/2/08

No comments:

Post a Comment